The video shows a power failure event tripping all main pumping station pumps. After a short delay (7s), the associated booster pumping station is instructed to shutdown and its dedicated bypass valve simultaneously opens using a stroke time of 10s.
It can be seen that even allowing for the operation of the booster pumping station bypass valve, significant air valve activity is observed in this unsuppressed system which is unacceptable and could lead to potential contamination of the water supply.
Simulation Summary: Key Transient Events
- Total power failure at Main PS (@10s)
- Booster station instructed to shutdown 7s later (@17s)
- At same time booster PS bypass valve opens (@17s) with stroke of 10s
- Unsuppressed system
- Significant air valve activity
- Simulation runs for 5 mins